City & Guilds Foundation would like to congratulate some of our Fellows, Council Members, customers and PRTA Alumni for being recognised in the Queen’s New Year Honours List.
Congratulations to Jenny Taylor (MBE), member of the City & Guilds Council and Commissioner for Princess Royal Training Awards, for services to Education.
Jenny Taylor is Leader of IBM UK’s award winning graduate, apprentice and internship Early Professional programmes (Foundation) with responsibility for all aspects of the schemes, including recruitment, career management, development of education programmes and financial management. She operates across the full spectrum of IBM’s various business lines, managing Early Professionals in business, consulting, technology and sales roles. The IBM Foundation won Princess Royal Training Awards in 2016, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
Congratulations to Morenike Ajayi (MBE), founder of Career Nuggets Academy – an ILM recognised programme sponsored by the Princess Royal Training Awards, for services to race equality and inclusion.
The Career Nuggets Academy was created by Morenike Ajayi (MBE) to inform, educate and inspire BME (Black Minority Ethnic) individuals who want to advance in their chosen careers. The vision is to provide knowledge through workshops, events, advice and information and the Academy’s mission is to develop workplace excellence for individuals in the BME community from university students, to graduates, experienced professional and leaders. The Career Nuggets Academy programme is ILM recognised and sponsored by the Princess Royal Training Awards. For those that may have missed it, you can catch Morenike speaking in the Leading through Black Lives Matter event hosted by City & Guilds Foundation which took place towards the end of 2021.
Congratulations to all other individuals included in the honours list including:
- Lord Frank Field of Birkenhead for Public and Political Service
- Sir Paul Nurse for services to Science and Medicine in the UK and Abroad
- Sir Anthony Finkelstein CBE for Public Service
- Sir William Russell for services to Financial Innovation, Culture, and Wellbeing in the City of London particularly during Covid-19
- Professor Martin Knapp for services to Social Care Research
- Dr Cathy McClay FREng for services to the Energy Sector and the Promotion of Decarbonisation.