There is a whole waiting workforce among our refugee population in the UK, yet many companies may not realise the benefits of hiring refugees as part of their recruitment strategy. That’s why we’ve partnered with The Launchpad Collective to bring you an Employer Toolkit e-module called ‘Unlocking a Waiting Workforce’.
The Employer Toolkit is an engaging e-module created by Kineo that is designed to help businesses successfully hire and integrate people with refugee backgrounds into their workforce and tap into the potential of a diverse and inclusive waiting workforce. Topics include getting started, recognising benefits, removing barriers, preparing your existing team, improving recruitment and sustaining change.
- Recognising benefits explains how hiring refugees can benefit the growth and success of a business. It highlights the unique skills and perspectives that refugees can bring to the workplace, as well as the potential financial and reputational benefits of a diverse workforce.
- Removing barriers answers key questions that businesses may have about refugee recruitment, including legal requirements, practical considerations, and potential challenges. It also provides guidance on how to overcome these barriers and successfully recruit refugees.
- Preparing your team encourages businesses to reflect on their existing culture and practices, and consider how they can create a welcoming and supportive environment for refugees. It also provides guidance on how to communicate with existing staff about the benefits of refugee recruitment.
- Improving recruitment provides guidance on how to create an inclusive and supportive recruitment process for refugees. It includes practical tips on everything from job postings to interviews, as well as guidance on how to provide support and resources to new employees.
- Sustaining change helps businesses to maintain their commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion over the long-term. It provides guidance on how to create a diverse and inclusive working environment, as well as how to measure and track progress.
At the City & Guilds Foundation we believe this is an incredibly valuable resource for businesses that are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and are proud to have funded this project. You can register to access the free toolkit here, and if you provide feedback afterwards you will receive a digital credential to share with your networks.