- This event has passed.
Best Practice in Implementing Early Talent Diversity
September 23, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
Join us for our Virtual Roundtable Event aimed at global and large employers to share best practices on implementing recruitment and retention strategies to achieve Diversity & Inclusion Goals.
With a cross-industry focus, the session will explore how these approaches can help to combat future skills shortages many industries are facing.
Within the open discussion format you will have the opportunity to discuss ways to engage with new audiences to tap into wider talent pools as a step towards creating a more diverse workforce.
The event will be facilitated by Charmain Bucho, Racial Equality Community Group Lead and Coach from City & Guilds who will be joined by Jez Brooks, Foundation Technical Leader, UK Foundation from IBM, followed by virtual breakout session for networking.
- 11.00: Welcome, Introductions – Charmain Bucho, Racial Equality Community Group Lead and Coach, City & Guilds
- 11.05: Session 1: Insight from City & Guilds, sharing best practices when recruiting and retaining diverse Entry Talent – Abbas Jaffer, Resourcing & Talent Director, City & Guilds
- 11.20: IBM Guest Speaker Jez Brooks, Foundation Technical Leader, UK Foundation – IBM Early Professionals Programmes
- 11.40: Break out into Two Virtual Groups to discuss the key actions that we need to take to increase Early Talent Diversity and how to adds value to the core business
- Group 1: A Focus on Attraction & Selection
- Group 2: A Focus on Career Progression and Retention
- 12.10: Feedback from groups & Q&A session
- 12.30: Close
Be an advocate, make a pledge
We want to help everyone raise awareness of inclusion and diversity in the workplace. We are giving you the opportunity to make a pledge to building equity, claim a digital credential and share with your networks.