- This event has passed.
Driving growth through flexible skills solutions
May 19 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
How to use training to unlock your people potential
Background to the session
A burning question for many organisations is – “How can we unlock the true potential of our staff to build a successful business?”
As we started to uncover the power of skills in our recent employer guide “Turning the Great Resignation into the Great Retention”, employee engagement and retention have never been higher on the agenda. The guide outlines how “The Great Resignation” requires organisations to adopt flexible skills strategies that engage and retain the best talent.
This session will bring together HR and L&D specialists to continue to unpack the latest challenges and opportunities in skills development and practical approaches to nurturing and progressing talent.
Our expert speakers from Sainsbury’s, IBM, HMRC Tax Academy and CVQO will also share their experience of how offering high quality training programmes is helping them to take their organisations to the next level.
- 11.00 Welcome and Introduction to the session
- 11.05 Insight from City & Guilds
- 11.20 Guest Speakers (Interview-Style) with:
- Ruth Jennings, Skills Development Programmes Manager – Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd
- Kate Ross, Learning Leader IBM Early Professionals Programmes – IBM
- Guy Horridge, CEO – CVQO
- Jacquelyn Swan, HMRC Tax Academy
- 12.00 Break out into a Virtual Group to explore skills development strategies
- 12.35 Feedback from the breakout sessions
- 12.45 Close